Strengthening rights and choices for people to live in the community
Posted by: webadmin at 12:40 pm on March 6th, 2015
Norman Lamb, Minister of State for Care and Support, and Gavin Harding MBE, Co-Chair of the Transforming Care Assurance Board, announce the launch of ‘No voice unheard, no right ignored’ consultation.
The consultation ‘No voice unheard, no right ignored’ explores options on issues such as how people can:
- be supported to live independently, as part of a community
- be assured that their views will be listened to
- challenge decisions about them and about their care
- exercise control over the support they receive with a Personal Health Budget
- expect that different health and local services will organise themselves around their needs
- know that professionals are looking out for their physical health needs as well as their mental health needs
The document also seeks to explores views on a number of issues relating to the Mental Health Act which were raised during the recent consultation on the revised Mental Health Act Code of Practice.
For more information and to respond, please visit this link: